- 1 bag (6 oz) baby spinach
- 1-3 garlic cloves, chopped (depends on your taste)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Three ingredients and ten minutes are all you need to make a delicious, healthy and versatile side dish! Who knew eating your spinach could be so delicious?
1. Heat olive oil over low heat.
2. Add garlic and saute for a minute. This will infuse the oil with garlicky goodness and bring out the garlic’s nutty flavor. Keep an eye on the garlic and be careful not to burn it!
3. Add spinach to olive oil and garlic and give it a stir. It will seem like a lot of spinach but not to worry- the heat will wilt the spinach down.
4. Saute for 3-5 minutes and remove from heat. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt to taste. If you’re following a low sodium diet, feel free to skip the salt. The garlic will give it yummy flavor.
Hints: Serve as a quick and healthy side dish or mix into pasta for a healthy addition. Stir into a ricotta mixture to add flavor to lasagna filling (just make sure to squeeze out water). Serve on crusty bread as an appetizer! The possibility are endless!